Monday, March 30, 2009

Making Plans

I have decided to stay here in Sun Valley for the summer, and have committed myself by purchasing airline tickets for a visit home in May.  I actually have a World Race teammate getting married in Washington, DC on May 9th, and my sister Karyssa's graduation festivities and another wedding to attend at home in the following weeks.  I had to book 3 one way tickets, but found really good deals, and am starting to rack up some flyer miles. Yay! :-)

I will be departing Boise May 6th for DC, where I will spend about a week, with all my WR girlfriends, before leaving for home on the 12th.  I will be home until June 1st, so a couple of weeks.  May is a good month to be gone from here, as it is 'slack' season, where nothing is going on at all and work is slow.  I hope to be able to pick up a couple of shifts at Court Ave while I am home, and of course just hang out with the family.  It's about 6 weeks away.  I have never taken a month long 'vacation', so that will be interesting.  

Summer is apparently unbeatable around here, in terms of beauty and climate.  It's also supposedly even busier business-wise than the winter, so that should be good.  There are a lot of outdoor activities to do as well - mountain biking, hiking, camping, etc... that I am really looking forward to. 
 
We are actually right at the beginning of 'slack' even right now, so I will need to really manage my money well, so I make it through to the 'worth it' summer season. :-)  It's easy to save money here, and not spend too much though, which is awesome and great in terms of reaching my goals.

1 comment:

  1. Fun things to do that will cost little:

    Borrow someones mountain bike
    Buy some used rollerblades at The Gold Mine, and try to roller from Ketchum to Hailey
    Go to Les Schwab and ask for used tubes, patch them, and float the river (definitely a must)
    Hike up Baldy and since you work there get a free ride down on the lift.
    Buy some cheap wine, get a date, drive the road up the mountain that overlooks the airport at night and watch the planes land.
    Hike, or drive, up to the Forest service lookout on Bell mountain. You could even find some glowsticks and have a rave under the stars.
    Get paid to walk one of the hundreds of dogs in the area.
    Wine tasteing and art viewing!
    And the #1 best thing about cheap summers in Sun Valley... Tuesday night Ketchum Alive! BYOB and dance the night away to some pretty cool live bands for free :0)

    ReplyDelete