Monday, March 30, 2009

Heidi's Visit

  This is Heidi and I shredding Lower Warm Springs.  I am in the first 2 little clips (purple pants) and Heidi is in the 2nd part (blue jacket).  This was day 3 of 3 of her learning to ride and by the end of the day, she came down from the top!!  I was so proud of her.  This part of the mountain is a lot steeper than it looks (actually, the whole mountain is), so for her to be tackling this on day 3 is quite impressive.  They say if one learns to ride Baldy, then they will be a pro anywhere else.  :-)  I have gotten through the whole season without hurting myself, till this day....when on my first run, I fell and strained my right thumb.  Heidi apparently fractured the side of her left hand too, but both are minor injuries. :-)

We had an awesome little visit over her spring break.  It was way too short, only 3 days in Sun Valley with me, but every moment was enjoyed.  I had to work the first night she was here, but she was able to come hang out in the lounge and observe and enjoy my workplace and the great live music.  One night we even were asked to dance. ;-)

A couple nights we hung out with my friends, but most of our time was spent on the mountain, or recovering from being out all day.  We saw a comedian who performs here at the resort twice a week, and I took her to see some of downtown.    I was really sad to see her go, but 
am happy to have had a couple days over nothing! 

I think we look more like sisters in this pic than any I've seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment